Saturday 18 January 2020
Home      All news      Contact us      India
business-standard - 4 days ago

Man lights angithi in room, dies of asphyxiation

A 40-year-old man died of asphyxiation and another fell unconscious on Tuesday after they lit an angithi in their room before going to sleep in Punjab s Kapurthala district, police said. The deceased, identified as Makhan Ram (40), was from Jammu and Kashmir s Kathua, said Phagwara s Deputy Superintendent of Police, Surinder Chand. The other man, Khem Raj, was rushed to a hospital and is undergoing treatment, he said. The two worked for a transport company and lived in a room in Ratanpura here, the DSP added. He said Ram and Raj celebrated Lohri on Monday night and lit an angithi (brazier) in their room to keep it warm before going to sleep. In the morning, their neighbours found out that Ram had died while Raj was unconscious, the officer said.


Latest News
Hashtags:   

lights

 | 

angithi

 | 

asphyxiation

 | 
Most Popular (6 hours)

Most Popular (24 hours)

Most Popular (a week)

Sources